A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

All off-topic discussion goes here.
 #3056  by CloneRanger
 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:52 pm
Speaking of $$$, not $ as in $rootkit$ ;)

Prevx said publically on Wilders, it pays good $ to people who find vulnerabilities etc. So between you all, you could have retired by now :P Only kidding ;) But you could at least have earnt quite a bit of $ from what you've discovered, if you'ld wanted to. I know that $'s aren't you're main objectives, but it's not like you would be helping the carders and other types of crims etc etc.

Prevx might not be the best security solution ever invented, but i have to say it's far from the worst, and they are one of the very few who actually fix things Fast. The main reason i use it is for the SOL features, which are pretty damn good. I know i've tested it with lots of keylogger tests, and real KL's too.

These POC's are interesting no doubt, but if they were real malware trying to attack Prevx, or other apps, the user would have to ALLOW the malware to run in the first place, otherwise they Won't work.
 #3057  by sparviero
 Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 pm
CloneRanger wrote:the user would have to ALLOW the malware to run in the first place, otherwise they Won't work.
Nobel, the next will be yours, I'm sure! :lol:
PS: Excuse me, are all users of Prevx so smart ? if so, Prevx did not need to improve, that's right ! :D

#3058  by CloneRanger
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 am
@ sparviero

I've already got 3 Nobel's, but thanks anyway :P How many have you got ?
PS: Excuse me,
Certainly
are all users of Prevx so smart ?
No i'm # 1 ;)

Who said Prevx did not need to improve ? Not me, you must be confused with someone else :roll:
 #3060  by EP_X0FF
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:46 am
As I see from wilders Prevx stuff successfully bypassed all exploits and terrible bugs in their crapware, rofl. By taking down thread about them and doing this in clowns style :)
Excellent and very professional solution :)
 #3061  by EP_X0FF
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:51 am
CloneRanger wrote:the user would have to ALLOW the malware to run in the first place, otherwise they Won't work.
Unnecessarily if malware will run from exploits. All what you need - allow operation system/your favorite "zero day friendly app" to start. So no Nobel yet.
 #3062  by CloneRanger
 Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 am
@ EP_X0FF

Of course you're absolutely right about Zero D's etc ;) which i wasn't including when i was thinking of users actually running malware. For eg, being tricked into running fake AV's and installing fake codecs etc etc etc.